We are seeking a forward thinking experienced Cloud Engineer with advanced hands-on technical skills in Networks, Server Hardware and Linux in a distributed Cloud Data Center environment.
Having extensive knowledge of managing servers and performing complex projects in a large-scale distributed cloud data center environment is a core competency of this individual. Solid communication is a requirement for this role.
This person should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility will be key to their success.
The candidate should also have deep knowledge and experience in at least one of the following core areas: Networking, Project Management, Tool and Automation, Hardware and OS repair.
• You will be responsible for the design, implementation, monitoring/support and scaling of our globally distributed cloud network solutions.
• You will need to build yourself a team of stars in Montreal then Singapore to ensure a follow-the-sun support model is made available to the rest of the business.
• B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience as a cloud engineer or commensurate experience
• 5+ years of experience in Linux and/or hardware systems support in an Internet operations environment
• High level understanding of the interdependencies of distributed cloud data center functions and technologies
• Experience managing multiple projects within the same time schedule
• Strong understanding of enterprise level networking and storage equipment installs
• Time and project management experience
• Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP and network topology design, security, best practices, implementation and troubleshooting,
• Technological duties associated with cloud computing, including design, planning, management, maintenance, and support.
• Familiar with Agile and DevOps methodologies.
• Experience with Microsoft Server and Linux OS administration, configuration, troubleshooting and automation.
• Designing, implementing and supporting Virtual Machines and Networks (IaaS, PaaS).
• Familiar with Virtualization technologies from VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, and/or Citrix XenServer.
• Experience with application delivery platforms for load balancing, caching, compression, application firewalling, reverse proxy, SSL termination, etc.
• Extensive experience with cloud related services like compute, storage, network messaging (e.g. SNS, SQS) and automation (e.g. CFT).
• Familiar with container orchestration, Kubernetes Clusters and Docker
• Familiar with cloud storage and Content Delivery Network
• Software development skills in at least one of: Java, C/C++, C#
• Familiar with 3rd party API management.
• Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage technologies and storage protocols.
• Experience running large infrastructure services on a geo distributed cloud.
• Time management skills required to effectively complete job tasks within set time constraints.